Local Licence holders function as extensions of their Local Church’s ministry to its community.
The sphere of ministry of those who hold a Local Licence is to be determined by the pastor under whose direction they are working. Such ministries may include Prison Ministry, Hospital Visitation, Nursing Home Ministry, Small group leadership, etc. which are all an extension of a local church. Local license holders may fulfill all ministerial duties presented by the local church with the exception of the solemnization of marriage.
All applicants seeking a local license must meet the following qualifications:
• All applicants must be 17 years of age or older
• All applicants must give assent to the bylaws, policies, and prescribed Confession of Faith of Anchor Ministerial Fellowship
• All applicants must submit a completed application including three character references and a signed sponsor form.
• All applicants must provide a current and original copy of a level 2 police record check. Online service to obtain record checks will be sent from the Anchor office upon reception of the completed application.
• All applicants shall agree to an interview if deemed necessary by the Credential Committee.
• All applicants must submit a one-time fee $95 to process their application. Please note, the Application Fee is separate from the annual Licensing Fee.